Monday, October 29, 2007

Updated Research Question

What do experts have to say on the effects of hGH on athletes; ie what benefits are there, and disadvantages, but more importantly side effects? Also, what are the reasons behind athletes turning to performance enhancing drugs?

In order to answer the first question I have to focus on scholarly research, such as documents from medical journals, the FDA, and the NCAA, because the NCAA deals with young athletes, and the use of performance enhancing drugs usually begin late in high school or once athletes reach college. For the second question I will be using personal experience. Being an athlete, specifically a football player, I have seen a wide range of things used by other athletes and myself to help get a little bigger, faster, stronger, or to just cut some body fat. I have seen the effects of steroids on people, and I have done a lot of independent research about different performance enhancing drugs, because I have considered using them before. Also, I will interview one of my best friend's teammates who has used hGH for a period of time, to understand what effect hGH has on people of my age group.

No comments: